Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy Friday With Two Common Core 5.NBT.1 Freebies!

Freebie Fridays

Happy Friday Ya'll!  I'm back to post two 5.NBT.1 freebies for you!  If you're interested in either one, just click the picture for your copy to download.  The first freebie is something I created to send home for homework.  There are two to a page (to save paper).  I don't believe children need 20 problems to show mastery.  I like to only send home 5-10 math problems at any given time for practice.  Please let me know if you use.  Also, if there's anything out there you would like to see me create and share on the blog.  
 Homework

Student Workstation/Center Recording Sheet

The second picture is my version of a fun center to practice standard, expanded, and word form with dice.  I can't find the original idea, but it was a paid product geared towards lower grades.  I just tweeked the idea to fit 5th grade and made it free.  Basically, you differentiate the workstation by determining the number of dice student use to create a number.  You could also differentiate by having students write the equation to the power of 10 instead of in expanded form for those high fliers you may have.  If any of this is unclear, please let me know and I would be happy to explain or post a picture of one of a completed sheet from my students.  Have a fantastic weekend!  Until next week! :)))


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))