Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Oh What a Week!

Happy Thursday Ya'll!

Today I'm home resting from my surgery yesterday.  Why is it when you're at the hospital you look terrible?  So crazy, but I try to always keep it real with my blog visitors and followers.  Today is a new day and I'm thankful for the opportunity!  This afternoon has been uncomfortable, but tolerable so I could blog, create, and organize digital items.

That being said, I've created a list of math review Kahoot games I use in my classroom each week to continue to spiral skills previously taught.  The kids are obsessed with the games and are disappointed on days I just couldn't find the time to set up a new review game.  My adminstrators love the level of student engagement my class has each day in math.  In fact, our hallway knows when we are playing Kahoot, because the energy is off the chain!!  If you haven't played Kahoot with your kids you really should!  Click on the Kahoot picture above to take you to the website.  You can even track student understanding with the data reports.  Doesn't everybody like easy data to drive instruction?!  I  honestly think that's the coolest part of Kahoot.  I use the data to have math conferences with my students and/or teach small group remediation lessons if needed.  If you are needing/wanting to use math spiral review in your classroom, but don't have the time to create it for yourself, please help yourself to the list of games I've created for you to use.  Check back weekly, because I will continue to add to the list.  If you use the links, please comment letting me know your thoughts.  Kahoot is free and can be used in teams if you don't have very much technology in your classroom.  You can use iPads, Computers, and smart phones to play the games.  To grab your free copy of the math review links, click the picture above.  Remember, it will be an ongoing list so check back often!  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. You are a busy girl! Glad to hear that your recovery is going well. Hope that your little one is enjoying the snow!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady! Hope your summer is going well! Lets get lunch one day when you have time! :)

      Delete

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))