Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Excited About Tieks!

Happy Sunday Night!
About a week ago I took the plunge and purchased something AWESOME for myself with some Christmas money!   A few days later I received the most beautiful package in the mail...Tieks!!! If you haven't heard of them, you should go now and look at the beautiful art in the form of shoes I've seen in quite some time.  Seriously, go now!  Unfortunately, it took me three years to decide to commit to purchasing such a pricey pair of ballet flats for myself.  They start at $175 and go up to $295. All I can say now is...why did I take so long?!  These shoes truly are the the most comfortable, versatile shoe I've ever purchased.  You can run errands around town, wear them in the classroom, use them as a change of shoe, or wear them to church.
The beauties
I chose the Mustard Yellow ones for my first pair of Tieks.  I decided yellow is a neutral and I've had no problem wearing them with EVERY. SINGLE. OUTFIT.  In fact, I wore them every day last week except Thursday when it was supposed to rain.  (I prefer to keep my real leather shoes out of the rain.)  I love the bold, fun prints Tieks offers as well as the subtle neutrals for when you're feeling a little less rowdy.  The biggest decision you will have to make is figuring out how to buy one of each of the fabulous flats!  Seriously!!  I'm already trying to budget for my next pair so the hubs isn't worked up with yet another purchase of shoes.  I'm actually beginning to think I'm the shoe lady! You know what I like about shoes?!  They ALWAYS fit regardless of how much weight I gain in the winter months or lose in the summer months.  Shoes are a constant, guaranteed fit.  

Like I said, it took me a while to decide to spend the money on a pair of Tieks, but super happy I FINALLY did! I've thought long and hard about why it took so long and decided that spending the money on Tieks is clearly a no brainer!  My dad always says, "spend money on your feet because your feet make your money"!  

Classroom teachers...we are ALWAYS on our feet!  There is nothing more frustrating than to have to "break in" a new pair of shoes, get the blisters, and wait for our skin to toughen up so the shoes we've purchased are FINALLY comfortable to wear for MOST of the school day.  Breaking News!!!  I NEVER had to go through the torturous process of breaking in my Tieks!  They fit wonderfully right out of the box.  I was shocked and stoked about being spared from the hazing practice of "breaking in" another pair of shoes!
Support for the long days at school


The shoes are handmade and take approximately three days to make a single pair.  They are made in the USA and are 100% real Italian leather.  They have additional support in the shoe to make them the perfect shoe for a classroom teacher.  I tested them out all of last week and felt great at the end of each day as well as in the following morning.  The shoes fit true to size and have a little stretch as you begin to wear them.   I wear a size 9 in my daily shoe and I couldn't be more happy with my size 9 mustard yellow beauties.  Tieks spares no detail and provides AMAZING customer service if for some reason you need to return a pair.  


I REALLY should be asking myself why I spend so much money on my running shoes that I only wear 4-5 hours a week total!  The only people who see my running shoes are my running friends while we are running.  I'm pretty sure they aren't paying attention to the shoes on my feet and are more focused on the run that is in front of us.  I also don't wear my running shoes anywhere except to run.  My running shoes cost as much or more than the Tieks, yet I don't get nearly the exposure and wear with them that you can with the mustard yellow beauties.  I mean, even my compression socks run $50-$65 a pair...for socks!!  Seriously?! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my running gear AND it's necessary, but it definitely puts the price of Tieks in perspective.  Tieks are an affordable pair of shoes if you budget correctly and slow down on the Target shoes purchases...just sayin'.

The long and short of it is...

1.  Tieks can be affordable...lay low on a few Target trips and you're covered!  
2.  You get what you pay for!
3.  You're worth it...how much of your own money do you spend on your classroom each year?!
4.  Feet make your money so take care of your feet!
5.  It's fun to have something every once in a while people around you don't...right?!  



Free 2-Day Shipping

Beautiful Packaging

The details...

A handwritten thank you note

They fold up for easy travel

Free accessory bag to travel your Tieks


I hope you will consider giving Tieks a try!  The worst thing that can happen to you is you're like me trying to figure out how to purchase one in every print and color!  Like I mentioned earlier, they have free shipping both ways in case you decide to return a pair...I'm pretty confident you won't though! ;) Thanks for hanging in there!  Here's to you and your future pair of Tieks! Until next time....

21 comments:

  1. Great post and review. Your mustard yellow Tieks are seriously cute. I don't own a pair yet but once I do I'm sure I'll want a pair in every color.

    Thanks for sharing your review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The yellow Tieks are fun and definitely worth the investment. I hope you get your set of "blue prints" soon. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Amanda you you don't know me but I was looking at the yellow ones. I bought a yellow bag it's sort of a light yellow and I really wanted to pair of shoes I wonder how bright those mustard shoes Are? Are they really bright bright and I just want your opinion if you think they'll go with a yellow bag with gold on it. If you could answer me that in your opinion that be great if not it's OK thank you

      Delete
    3. Hi There! I would say the mustard yellow are very bright. I think pairing with a yellow bag might be tricky if the yellows are off. I wear my mustard tieks regularly. Anytime I wear a rowdy shoe color I tone down my bag so the two accessories are not competing with each other in my outfit. :)

      Delete
  2. Amanda, I just bought my first pair and I happened to pick the same color! Ha. I never knew it would be a neutral until I was seriously considering all of the leather options (but I do love the vegan gray too) and landed on mustard yellow as the one that would pair with everything that I have! I got them in the mail yesterday and am breaking mine in. Love to hear from a teacher's perspective since all day long wear is what matters.
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady!

      Just checking in...how are you doing with the yellow Tieks? I'm still very much in love! You?

      Delete
    2. Im a kindergarten teacher - I am thinking about buying a pair of these beauties...wondering how the arch of your foot feels? With the foldable design - looks like not arch support at all...

      Delete
    3. my question is the same as Cathy's . what is the arch support?

      Delete
    4. I haven't bought tieks yet...will be for my next paycheck, but in reality having a shoe that has minimal support is actually a good thing. When you have too much support in your shoes it's like having your feet in a cast. The muscles can't do they're job and your feet hurt. Having less support actually allows your feet to get stronger. Going barefoot will actually lift your arches naturally, and can help with chronic pack pain, mild scoliosis, ect. I usually wear xero shoes 24/7 yes even in the snow since I'm a college student. I'm not allowed to wear them to work though so I decided it's time to get a pair of tieks since my other shoes murder my feet after a 6.5-8 hour retail shift. Hopefully these will solve my problem.

      Delete
    5. I haven't bought tieks yet...will be for my next paycheck, but in reality having a shoe that has minimal support is actually a good thing. When you have too much support in your shoes it's like having your feet in a cast. The muscles can't do they're job and your feet hurt. Having less support actually allows your feet to get stronger. Going barefoot will actually lift your arches naturally, and can help with chronic pack pain, mild scoliosis, ect. I usually wear xero shoes 24/7 yes even in the snow since I'm a college student. I'm not allowed to wear them to work though so I decided it's time to get a pair of tieks since my other shoes murder my feet after a 6.5-8 hour retail shift. Hopefully these will solve my problem.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    7. Spent about three weeks deciding on these shoes .... Cost vs comfort. Decided to go for it because I'm traveling soon and wanted cute comfort. Worth it??? NO!!! wore them tonight for the first time and after 15 minutes had bleeding toes. I've got open blisters on every toe and my heels. My Tory Burch pair never did this nor have my $12 "purse" shoes. Yes I bought the correct size and yes they fit bit they rub horribly

      Delete
    8. Hey Ladies,

      To answer your question about arch support...I'm not really sure? I don't have a high arch or flat feet, so I guess my arch is between the two extremes. I have never had any foot issue with the tieks and I'm a runner, so shoes are definitely important. Tieks has fabulous customer service. My advice would be to purchase a pair and try them out in your living room. If you're not a fan like the unknown commenter, then just call tieks up and return them for free. They are a fabulous company and want you to be happy with your purchase. I own 5 pairs currently and am getting number 6 this fall. I have NEVER had a blister, foot or back issue wearing my tieks in the classroom all day or running around town on the weekends. :)

      Delete
  3. My question is do they make your feet sweat, do you have to wear those ballet flat socks like you do with other flats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There,

      No my feat don't sweat in them any more than any other shoe. I tried wearing the tieks with tights and my feat would slip out of them. They are definitely meant to be worn sockless/tightless. :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome thanks. Good to know as I also teach elementary! I appreciate how you put the price in perspective! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! Sorry about the delayed response. Nothing has shown up in my email so I had no idea people were commenting. It made my day to see the surprise! :) The price definitely makes since when you're thinking about the money we give to the Target giant! Did you get a pair? Would love to know your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  5. omg! this is all I needed to hear! As a runner, you comparing running gear and these is what is pushing me over the edge. I need the new poppy ones! ASAP! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time Andie! For some reason the comments haven't posted in my email. So sorry about the delay. Did you get the poppy ones? Thoughts?

      Delete
  6. How long do they last? It looks like it's been about a year since you wrote the blog post. Has anything changed? Ever since I started a teaching board on Pinterest, they keep popping up on my feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cynthia! For some reason comments haven't been showing up in my email...weird?! To answer your question, I wore my tieks all year and they still look new. Nothing has changed and they are still as comfortable as ever. Since I last posted I will say the patent tieks are not nearly as comfy the first few wears, but still no blisters. I would say to stick with the leather classics. Are you going to get a pair? :)

      Delete

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))