Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Vocabulary Assessment Idea

Yep, I'm back. I think I'm on a roll....FINALLY! So I wanted to share an idea I thought of at the beginning of the year. I do the same thing every week! What is it you ask?! Well, let me tell you. It is...a crossword puzzle spelling and vocabulary assessment!!! This idea came to me with the help and inspiration of my students. Basically, I have 10 spelling words each week that I expect my students to learn how to spell AND what the word means. I put the words on quizlet.com for the students to study. On Fridays I give them the crossword puzzle, call out the words like a regular spelling test, and the students apply the words to the definition clues. A good and free crossword puzzle maker site is: http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/CrissCrossSetupForm.asp
I hope you can use this idea as well! The pictures are below. Happy Tuesday Night!

~Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))