Teaching Examples

Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Pinterest Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  I hope each of you have had a fantastic start to the new year.  If you are still looking for a way to celebrate the new year or to have students set goals for the remainder of the school year, this post is for you!  As a new 5th grade teacher I've really struggled to put the crafting into the content of 5th grade.  I will say that's what I miss most about the K-2 world. :-)  On Friday of this past week during planning, I figured out a way to satisfy my crafting need.  We created happy new year self portraits.  The students then listed at least one learning goal they wanted to achieve before the end of the year.  Some even took it a step further and listed how they would achieve the goal.  I posted some pictures below.  If you would like the tracers just leave me a comment with your contact information and I will be more than happy to send it your way.  Thanks again for following my blog or at least checking it out.  Please come back and visit! ~Cheers :)))

2 comments:

  1. Love it...kellymariemsu@yahoo.com

    Could you please send me the tracers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly!

    I just emailed them to you. Thanks again!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time! :)))